SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced Cabinet Maker with skill and knowledge of all aspects of woodworking and custom furniture construction, including production, safety, and deadlines.
- Demonstrates true passion for furniture making, employing expertise to creatively meet challenges and solve difficult problems, striving for superior quality in every aspect of construction process and final product.
- Employs strong communication skills to work with others, training and mentoring co-workers in construction methods and safety procedures.
- Applies attention to detail to seek perfection in every project, making no compromises in quality and methods to ensure final product is as close to flawless as possible.
- Constructed furniture including customized carcass, leg and frame, beaded face frame, door constructions with and without glass, and drawers and finished pieces such as tables, freestanding corner cupboards, and chairs.
- Experienced in selection of wood for grain, figure, and defects to achieve continuous grain line and consistent color in finished product.
- Effectively used and sharpened all hand tools, including hand planes, jack planes, and block planes, employing honing process to achieve mirror polish and bevel for finest cuts.
- Regularly operated most standard shop tools such as table saw, joiner, surface planer, miter saw, shaper, radial arm saw, routers, router tables, wide belt sanders, power feeds, tenoner, mortise machine, large and small multiple cutter heads and automated multiple glue clamps.
- Adept at using all joining techniques and methods, including edge joining, dado, lap joints, mortis and tenon, doweled, biscuit, dovetail and miter.
- Employed advanced experience with traditional and custom moldings, lippings, edgings, curved work, templates, and jigs.
- Applied basic knowledge of spray finish techniques to apply stain or color, employing sanding steps between multiple layers of lacquer to create smooth, beautiful finishes without imperfections such as frog skin or fisheye.
- Used knowledge of safety methods in all situations and emphasized safety and health concerns to co-workers, including ear and eye protection and respirators.
- Trained and mentored new co-workers, spending up to 10% of time explaining and demonstrating shop’s methods.
- Estimated sizes, quantities, and material amounts for individual projects and monitored processes for final inspections of furniture.
- Windows: Double hung, casement, hoppers, sliders, contemporary fixed glazed, arched and bowed.
Doors: Full size interior and exterior, French, pivot, sliders, pocket and folding.
Brightbill Industries Inc.
Phi Home Design
H. Hirschmann Ltd.
West Rutland, Vermont
New Haven, Vermont
CONTRACTOR EXPERIENCE – Cabinetmaker
May -November, 2016
Shelburne Fine Woodworking
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Baltimore International Culinary Art Institute,
Baltimore, Maryland 1985
Windsor Chair Institute
Hampton, New Hampshire 2001